I drove with my daughter across the country last week and here are our stops.
- Nashville Hot chicken---Hattie B’s! I recommend the Medium, but we did try Hot! We did not try Shut the cluck up!
- Walked around Franklin Tennessee a beautiful town near Nashville, bought postcards and shoes and a beautiful box to hold my postcards
- I sent almost 200 postcards in a week! I explained how I did it in my blog post this week
- Then we drove across Arkansas…it was very green
- Next stop Tahlequah, Oklahoma--- we drove down a windy road, it looked pretty but in the morning the thunder was alarmingly loud
- Went into a casino played slots (James Bond)
- Stopped in a diner on Route 66 in El Reno, Oklahoma
- On to a ghost town, Texola, Oklahoma Yikes
- Stopped at the buried Cadillacs in Amarillo Tx--- Meh
- Next stop Santa Fe, two nights to chill for the rest of the trip
- Then old town Albuquerque
- On the way to our next stopover, Flagstaff, we stopped at the Painted Desert, windy and beautiful, a great opening act to our next tourist stop
- We got up at 6 the next day and arrived at the Grand Canyon by 8--- It was everything and more.
- Next stop Oatman Arizona, a town off Rt 66. Donkeys from the gold rush days roam the streets! I was in heaven.
- We drove to LA the next day, Mickey D’s and some good tunes.
What a trip and treasure.
We listened to a playlist in Spotify that a friend made us called Headed South.